5 Otome Visual Novel for Light Reading

Are you tired of generic otome titles nowadays?
*staring intensely at my otome stash for Switch VN ಠ_ಠ

Lemme bring some old otome stash from years back for us to reminisce the glory days.
(The amount of otome VN right now are more than ever. Ima not complaining, hehe)


RE: Alistair++ (2010)

Our heroine, Merui loves video games (Yeah.. me too~ :P).
Especially her favorite MMORPG, Rivenwell Online.
She was in a rage when some random character in that game trashed her last blow attack and got her rare items. Fortunately, she got some clue about that culprit.
He (coz it was a male character?) was in the same school as her.
Wait for my Sweet Revenge, fufufu~


It has excellent illustrations~ good music, and a nice story plot. 
Most of the plot was how Merui gets mad and arguing with Alistair, who stole her items~ 
Plus, how she's getting along with those three guys in real life~

Does most MMORPG nowadays still can do trashing? 
I don't think so, and we usually pray to RNGesus. Or biggest damage-dealer. But if we see it from a different angle, who gives a damn about you getting trashed and kind enough for wanting to give it back? Just an opinion of mine ╭(◔ ◡ ◔)/ 

My favorite character is Travis (*not a tech nerd, he says~), then Fiona *laugh and Derek (cool guy~).
This VN has stat-raising sims where it annoys me a bit *sigh..

But overall, it was categorized in my MUST playlist because of it was fun to enjoy~



a2 ~a due~ (2013)

This VN has a romance genre tag, yet both of them are arguing on the left. 
What can we say if it did bring them a step closer to love? (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ 
And this protagonist is a girl with mohawk~ 
Unique compare to your average VN.



Proper design for its illustration (too few CG for me!), 
good music and an excellent story with a motivational theme behind it~

Between Sona Song and Mr. Hao, music is one crucial element that moves each character's story, with comedy as the second dish and love story at last but not least. During everyone's time in this world, there's a tendency to forget how to express ourselves and turn wrong inside the journey. Like Sona, who failed her actual path, but it will change anyway~

My first impression of Sona.. Wow, she had.. unique hair. Never did I see a heroine's hair use a mohawk model, yeah. Please don't take me wrong. It piqued my interest to see how their story unfolded as it had such a unique beginning. Mr. Hao is your good everyday teacher, with a respectable amount of determination to teach his students. While being a foreigner with communication skills as the first barrier, being ridiculed yet still determined to improve those lots is fantastic. (I probably throw tons of needles at them lolol) Sona is a good kid, and she supports him when he needs it the most. Even if more of arguing than flirting, well back to my words at first paragraph~




Get Dumped ☆ (2013)

Most people shirked away after reading the title..
But trust me, this one is good VN and hilarious on top of that. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ



An ordinary girl like Michi, most likely flies to the cloud when she gets an awesome boyfriend. All shoujo manga does that anyway~ But what can we do if suddenly he changes his mind and wants a break-up? Michi doesn't give up until one last date with her.
Can she get him back in the end?

This VN is romance and comedy type with nice CG's, good music, and hilarious story~
Michi (pink head) is the protagonist here.
Each character has their charm, but I did like Michi more than others..
She is my favorite heroine type (badass and doing exciting things).


Grinning Heart: The Meeting (2012)

Light KN's sometimes leave an impact more..
Maybe because many questions inside it still haven't been answered.. and you only have one story, just like a regular book.


The protagonist is a cheeky girl who can hide it very well..
She is venturing to search for all gorgeous man pictures, but her luck is running out this time..
*laugh..

That chibi emo has add good vibes for me~ (since i like chibi's pict..)
Oh yes, this KN has a sequel about why she's invisible for that vampire.
(in reverse, she can't get the picture of him.. haha~)
    
Not going to add any spoiler.. it was a short KN after all..
But those two are really hilarious.. *rotfl 


Frozen Essence (2010)

The beautiful illustration is one of the vital elements for a visual novel, 

yet, for me, beautiful stories do more than what we can see. 

This VN was one of those that made me determined to seek out all of their path (and their CG's) 
dem feels that hit when I get all the accomplishments (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
From the illustration side, I can say it was okay for me (nor beautiful, nor unedible).
From the music, it was good and fitting, and the plot is the one that made me hooked.


Enjoy these titles, folks!
Maybe I should've made a rating thingy butt... 
Let me know your opinion, and I'll get more stash from back then to share with you guys~
See you in the next post! /)*(\

2 comments: